РАСШИРЕНИЕ МЕЖДУ МУЗЕЕМ АЛВАРА ААЛТО И МУЗЕЕМ ЦЕНТРАЛЬНОЙ ФИНЛЯНДИИ / EXTENSION BETWEEN THE ALVAR AALTO MUSEUM AND THE MUSEUM OF CENTRAL FINLAND
Авторы: Шорина Д.Д., Бросалин К.С., г. Юваскюль, 2015г. / Аuthors: Shorina D.D., Brosalin K.S., Jyväskylä, 2015
EN> Project designed for international architectural competition for an extension between the Alvar Aalto museum and the Museum of Central Finland.
EN> The architectural context is the ensemble of existing museum buildings. The influence of architectural context appears in: • use ribbon of glazing the west facade of the new extension
• design frame sizes stained glass is comparable to glazing of the surrounding museums
• use similar textures and materials to original Aalto’s materials (see FACADE A-E, FACADE E-A).
The project takes into account urban and natural landscape. Shape design correlated with the natural environment through landform shape and green roofs. The organic shape of the new extension saves the architectural priority of the complex of existing buildings of the museums on the project of Alvar Aalto and the «Alvar Aalto & Co» as ideological and architectural dominants of the region(city), but it has own contextual and contemporary feature. The curved shape is pierced with skylights, which provides
• reveal shape and define the artistic nature of the exterior of the new volume
• provide interior lighting and an interesting artistic effect of the interior space of the building.
EN> Layout design in accordance with the Competition task and includes:
• storage space for the exhibition materials and the technical room in lower connective gateway (+85.690) There is the space (80 square meters) connects with the Alvar Aalto Museum and provides entrance to the street (see FLOOR PLAN +84.840).
• museum shop with utility spaces and workstations / connecting gateway: connection between the Museum of Central Finland's first floor level (+87.554) and the Alvar Aalto Museum's second floor level (+88.920).
The space perform 3 functions accordance with the task:
• utility - utilitarian and workstations space
• storefront - showcases and shelves displaying goods
• connection - transit area between museums.
Utility spaces of the museum shop is pushed back from shopping and connection areas, what provides
• review of store employees of shop space,
• clear(obvious) navigation for visitors, depending on the purpose of their presence in this space ( to transit to museum OR to shopping)
• open welcoming location faced to the entrance in this volume.
Storefront area combined with the connection between the museums and provides free passage in accordance with the terms of service and fire safety. At the same time, visitors who moved from building to building, inadvertently see the shop exhibits and goods that improves the traffic and sales of museum store. The layout of the second (ground) level (see FLOOR PLAN +87.550) provides 4 entrance which have following function:
• to enter the new extension on the east facade
• to save short way from the Central Finland's Museum and the Alvar Aalto Museum directly on the street
• connection through the new extension to the Museum spaces by existing museum’s doors.
Architectural solution takes into account the following factors:
• historical and cultural communication
• architectural context
• natural and urban landscape.
The analysis of Alvar Aalto’s works became a historical and cultural reference to the concept of the project. The famous features and creative Aalto’s approach which have been selected and reinterpreted in a new architectural design case:
• organic approach to nature and the urban environment (environment);
• use glazing tape; • the curved ceiling in the interior;
• the use of skylights;
EN> Design solution of the shape is reinforced concrete slab and green roof. The structure rests on monolithic reinforced concrete columns in axes C, D, E, 3, 4, 5, pylons and the wall in the axes B,B’, D, 1, 2. Design solution of lower level provides for monolithic reinforced concrete walls or reinforced concrete frame filled with brick according to design calculations of construction project. The decision of the general plan (see GENERAL LAYOUT PLAN) provides for necessary infrastructure:
• the entrance of new extension
• equipment street furniture in the characteristic key.
Design of the land improvement (the landscaping) relates to the form of new extension and provides geo-structures. As express ideas of connecting the museums site to the neighbouring Ruusupuisto square through land improvement: there should be accommodate the same green geo-structures "Islands" landform in the square to rest on the lawn.